What is E-ticket:
“Passenger ticket”: is transportation document of passenger and baggage by air plane, and is an evidence of carriage contract; of which terms, notices and the coupons form part. The “passenger ticket” or “ticket” means either “passenger ticket and baggage check” in paper (paper ticket) or electronic ticket.
“Electronic ticket”: is a ticket in electronic form, including all information pertaining to the usage of carriage services of Vietnam Airlines (VN) instead of paper ticket. Electronic ticket (E-ticket) has all information as shown in the paper ticket of VN and VN takes the responsibility to store the E-ticket data base and guarantees smooth travel for passengers.
“Passenger and baggage carriage contract”: is a dossier of E-ticket, carriage conditions, tariffs of VN and other written agreements of both parties.
Advantages of E-ticket to passengers
More secure because you can avoid risks of lost, torn, crushed or crumpled, folded, dirty ticket.
Faster check-in process.
It is easier for VN staffs to make changes to E-ticket upon required because ticket information retrieval is faster and more precisely.
More convenient transaction between the airline and passengers when E-ticket will be sold via the Internet.
In the future, when it is possible, you can perform self check-in for saving time.
Reservation and purchasing:
You can book through Vietnam Airlines' (VN's) telephone sale or at our booking offices online.
You must provide details of passport to us, your telephone number to contact in case the flight schedule may be changed.
You must give us your passport as registered when making reservations then purchasing E-ticket at VN's booking offices and its authorized agents.
VN's officer will give you back “Receipt” and the “Itinerary/Receipt” together with pre-printed “General conditions for carriage (extract) of Vietnam Airlines”.
VN's e-ticket is sold by VN's ticketing offices and its authorized agents. The sale of E-ticket is made through VN's sale network as that of paper ticket. In the future, passenger can buy E-ticket and make payment through the Internet.
The “Itinerary/Receipt” is a printed sheet of paper providing basic information of passenger’s journey in order to help passenger precisely identifying transportation services. The “Itinerary/Receipt” does not have legal status as that of paper ticket.
At the airport:
You must present passport as registered in the E-ticket.
The presentation of the "Itinerary/Receipt" helps the procedure to be done faster and more conveniently.
In case you do not have the "Itinerary/Receipt" with you, you can provide ticket number or your full name, flight number and date of flight.
The refund/change of the E-ticket can only be done if your fare conditions allow to refund and/or change.
It is required to provide details of passport as registered when making reservation and purchasing E-ticket.
If the registered passport is lost, you must write Letter of commitment and use another legal passport.
- The refund can only be done to person named on the carriage document or the purchaser.
- In other cases, the person receiving the refund must have legal authorized letter of the above said refund beneficiary.
- The refund is made only at the first issuing place or VN’s booking office in charge of that issuing agents.
The form of refund is that of payment.
In case you have bought a ticket(s) but haven’t used the whole or part of the ticket(s), you can refund it to the ticket offices of Vietnam Airlines as allowed under the current regulations of Vietnam Airlines.
Eligibility for refunding:
• Only passengers whose names are written on the documents of transportation or those who have paid for the ticket(s) are entitled to refund the ticket(s). Those who wish to refund the tickets have to fully submit their identity documents as required by current regulations. In other cases, those who are to receive the refund have to submit a valid letter of authorization which is issued by those entitled to refund the ticket(s), as stipulated above, and can be verified by the Vietnam Airlines office or local authority.
• Ticket(s) must retain the cover and all pages and must be unused, unworn, and without any erasure.
• The time for refunding ticket(s) stipulated by Vietnam Airlines must not have run out.
• Ticket(s) cannot be categorized as Non-refundable.
• Ticket(s) haven’t been reported as missing.
• 10% of the value of the ticket(s), for the complete domestic itinerary inside Vietnam.
• 30 USD per unused ticket and 15 USD per partly-used ticket, for part or total international itinerary.
• The above fees do not apply to discount ticket price, chartered flights, exchanged services, as stipulated by Vietnam Airlines.
Reissuance of ticket:
In case you have bought a ticket(s) but have used only part or have not used any part and now wish to make a change, Vietnam Airlines will agree to reissue the ticket(s) if the ticket(s) satisfies the following criteria:
• Ticket(s) must retain cover and all pages must be untorn, and without any erasure.
• Ticket(s) is still valid.
• Ticket(s) is not designated as unchangeable.
• Ticket(s) is not reported to be missing.
• In case of not following the correct procedure, customers cannot change but must refund the ticket(s) instead.
You must contact VN’s booking offices or our agents in order to change your reservations.
You may be charged penalty fees and/or additional collection as required in your fare conditions.
You may request for a new “Itinerary/Receipt” with new information of reservations.
In case you have bought a ticket(s) from Vietnam Airlines and have not used it or have just used part and have then lost it, you can gain reimbursement by following this procedure:
Once having lost a ticket(s), you must go to the offices of Vietnam Airlines to report the ticket missing and fill in the Form of ticket loss declaration as required by current regulations.
You can buy a new ticket(s) from Vietnam Airlines at the price applied at the time of buying. The itinerary of the new ticket may differ from that of the lost one(s), provided the the lost one does not restrict the changing of itinerary and the new itinerary is made through Vietnam Airlines.
When the validity period of the lost ticket(s) has expired but it has not been used, you can gain reimbursement in the following cases:
• The itinerary of the new ticket(s) is the same as that of the lost one: you can gain reimbursement to the value of the new one(s).
• The itinerary of the new ticket(s) is different from that of the lost one: you can get reimbursement to the value of the unused part of the lost one(s).
• Not to buy new ticket(s): you can get reimbursement of the value of the unused part of the lost one(s), provided that the lost one(s) does not restrict return ticket(s)
You can gain reimbursement only when satisfying the following:
• The ticket losing declaration form is filled in as required by the regulations of Vietnam Airlines
• By submitting the Passenger page of the new ticket (in case you buy a new ticket).
• The validity period of the lost ticket(s) has expired
• Showing valid proof of identity
The handling fee is 20% of the reimbursed amount, for lost a ticket(s) covering an itinerary completely inside Vietnam, and 40 USD for other cases. Any additional fees arising from transferring the money (if any) will be borne by customers.
You are not entitled to reimbursement and are totally liable for damages if Vietnam Airlines finds out that the ticket(s) which a customer has reported missing has actually been used by that customer to fly, return, or swapped for another.
In the case of finding a lost ticket(s) which has been reported missing, you must return it to Vietnam Airlines and will gain reimbursement right after returning, if you have already bought a new ticket(s). You will gain reimbursement for the validity period of this ticket(s) if you have not bought a new one.